With the evolving technologies in our generation, we can say that there is no assurance to a hundred percent safety on our websites. All websites on the internet are vulnerable to security threats like data loss, server disasters, or even hackers. And we all know it will be very frustrating to face these threats unprepared.
So before coming to worst, it is highly recommended to have a backup solution for your WordPress site. And I think this tool is the right thing for us.
BackupBuddy is a WordPress backup plugin which allows you to automatically create complete backups of your WordPress site and save them on multiple remote locations like a cloud storage service, your computer, FTP server, etc.
Installing BackupBuddy on Your WordPress Site
*Remember BackupBuddy plugin is not free
1. First you will need to purchase the BackupBuddy plugin. The pricing starts from $80 which gives you access to 1 year of plugin updates and support, 1 GB of cloud storage on Stash, Stash live, and you can use it on 2 sites.
2. After purchasing, you have to download it to your computer.
3. Next, you need to install and activate the BackupBuddy plugin.
4. Upon activation, you’ll need to add your BackupBuddy license before you can get automatic updates to the latest versions. The plugin will show you a link to the licensing page.
Setting up Scheduled Backups with BackupBuddy
1. First you need to provide an email address. This is where BackupBuddy will send you email notifications and backup emails.
2. Next you need to provide a password. This password will be used if / when you are moving your WordPress site to a new server or host using BackupBuddy.
3. Once you have set your password, then you need to choose where to send your backups. (There are a number of options available. You can store your WordPress backups in dropbox, Google Drive, Amazon S3, BackupBuddy’s Stash storage, among other options.)
4. Lastly, you need to select how often you want to create backups. You can create manual backups on demand, or select a monthly or weekly full backup option with daily database backups.
5. Click on the Save Settings button to continue.
For better understanding, watch video below: