Browser extensions are useful tools for developer. It helps them debug, modify or test the webpages with useful options and information. For example, firebug in firefox is a powerful web development tool that allows you to inspect HTML and modify the style. Although one can do it using a browser’s developer tool, firebug has features which effectively executes these tasks.
Listed in Firebug’s website, here are some features it has:
- Inspect HTML and modify style and layout in real-time
- Accurately analyze network usage and performance
- Extend Firebug and add features to make Firebug even more powerful
- Get the information you need to get it done with Firebug
For more info about firebug, visit http://getfirebug.com/
Hackbar is a toolbar that will help you test sql injections, XSS holes and site security. Its main purpose is to help the developer do security audits on their code.
- Even the most complicated urls will be readable
- The focus will stay on the textarea, so after executing the url (Ctrl+Enter) you can just go on typing / testing
- The url in textarea is not affected by redirects
- MD5/SHA1/SHA256 hashing
- XSS useful functions
– Load URL ( Alt + A )
– Split URL ( Alt + S )
– Execute ( Alt + X, Ctrl + Enter )
– INT -1 ( Alt – )
– INT + 1 (Alt + )
– HEX -1 ( Ctrl Alt – )
– HEX +1 ( Ctrl + Alt + )
– MD5 Hash ( Alt + M )
– MySQL CHAR() ( Alt + Y )
– MY SQL Server CHAR() ( Alt + Q )
You can get Hackbar here.
These add-ons requires firebug to work properly.
YSlow is a tool which analyzes web pages and suggests ways to improve their performance based on a set of rules for high performance web pages.
Get YSlow here.