You can hold down your Home button to get information about what’s on your screen using Now on Tap.
Turn Now on Tap on or off
Now on Tap is available for Android devices with both:
- Android 6.0 (Android M)
- Language set to English, Japanese, German, Spanish, Italian, French, Korean, or Russian
- Touch and hold the Home button.
- Follow the instructions to turn on Now on Tap.
- Open the Google app
- In the top left, tap Menu menu icon > Settings > Now on Tap.
- Turn “Now on Tap” to off (gray).
- When Now on Tap is off, you’ll see Now cards when you touch and hold the Home button.
Use Now on Tap
When you touch and hold the Home button, Google uses what’s on your screen to show you related details, apps, and actions.
Ways to use Now on Tap
- Restaurants: Find restaurants and other points of interest that are mentioned on screen.
- Music: Find out more about an artist or song from within your app.
- Movies: Get reviews and information about the cast from any screen that mentions the film name.
- People: Find out more about famous people and celebrities in the news.